Monday, April 7, 2008

cause pink is my favorite color


after an adventurous weekend with the kids and Ryan, its back to just me and the kids. It has been a rocky start to a week. Last night Addison was up most of the night and when i went to get her this morning and from her nap her eyes were sealed shut by a bunch of eye goo. I had to use a wet rag to get them to open all the way, i don't know how those little eyes can produce so much discharge. So i went to the pharmacy to get some baby orajel b/c i thought that what was causing the fever and the eye discharge but the pharmacist recommended i call my doctor b/c she didn't think her eyes were connected to the teething. Turns out she has pink eye in both eyes. (or at least that was her oer the phone diagnosis) My stupid nurse just told me to go to insta-care and they would give me a eye drops. I tried to explain that it wouldn't work and it would be easier if she could call the perspiration into the pharmacy for me but no. She told me i could also just use a cold compress and keep wiping her eyes and keep the other kids away from her... that sounds easy. ha!

if you have any tips, please share... i am only slightly desperate.




i took this pic of addie and although she doesnt feel good at all, she still smiles for her picture. what a ham!

4 comments:

The Hendrys said...

Meg I think our dear precious Angel needs to see a doctor. Is there any chance you take her to your sisters doctor? Bless both of you this has to be so hard for the two of you. I wish I could help!

The Skeen's said...

She looks miserable but still managed a smile. She really needs to see the doctor. Could you talk to your doctor instead of the nurse? Could Ryan help in some way? Maybe going down to the doctor's office and talking to her?

Anonymous said...

hey look at the top of your blog.. copy cat!!!!!!

The Hendrys said...

This is just a thought but maybe Ryan could call your insurance company and see if they would cover a office visit there.

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie