Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Catch 22.

So my obsession with the Twilight book has now caused me to finish that
in two days and yesterday i had to ground myself from the second book
when i realized i had already read over 300 pages! Who would have
thought vampires could be so interesting? When i went to the hospital
yesterday for my testing i had my book and everyone in there was
commenting on it, apparently its the "new read".

Speaking of testing... my blood pressure is still high. However it came down a bit from last Thursday
from 160/101 to 140/96. Not a lot of progress but some. It IS really
high though so even though i am trying to not worry about it, i can't
seem to help distract myself from it. which probably just makes it
worse! ha!

So I have been working hard to clean our apartment
and have everything ready for the baby and ALL of the laundry done. I
scrubbed the bathroom down the other day. Changed the sheets on the bed
and flipped the mattress. Organized all the baby's drawers, so her
clothes areseparated into months. I just feel like i don't want to have any of this house work lingering over my head.

The contractions seem to be coming more often. I keep saying how ready i am
to have this baby and then i will have a contraction or two and i start
topanic and think perhaps i am not ready yet! Ryan thinks i have completely lost my mind.

I think my real motivation for wanting to have this baby is that my mom will get here and i wont be on bed rest anymore and i will have SOMEONE to talk to, other than you faithful reader.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

From what I have heard...bed rest does not include flipping heavy matresses!?!? Now I am not a doctor...but my gut tells me you would be busted if your DR. foud out. Maybe she just doesn't know you are the OX "Here comes the OX cart oh how slow. It's pulled by the ox of course you know..."

Live up these final moments of peace and boredum...you won't get it again for 40 years!! :)

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Megan...You poor thing! I'm right there with you on the boredom thing! I'm living with my in-laws in Atlanta, and am car-less, so I feel like I'm on bed rest too! And yes, I AM one of your faithful blog readers! :-) Hope your last few weeks go more quickly than mine have been! We can't WAIT to see pictures of Addison!!!!

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie