Thursday, March 4, 2010

2 Items of Interest ( a post by Ryan)

1) So next week is premier week for new episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba (see item 2 for an explanation of why I know this). Weird Al Yankovich will be making an appearance. I feel like my childhood is meeting Addison's, how odd. Also. . . about time! Am I right?

2) Meg left town for Orlando and the girls' trip today. We both miss her already. We got home from dropping Meg off and had contained the tears when we heard something. Addison said: "You hear it?? It's a helicopter!" I then made the mistake of saying "No sweety look, it's an airplane!" She pointed at it, said, "It's an airplane . . . an airplane with . . . with my mommy on it . . . I WANT MY MOMMY!!" And the tears returned.

So it is just Addie and I for a few days. Nick Jr. is helping me out so far (thus my knowledge of Yo Gabba Gabba premier week) but my plan for tomorrow is to join Meg in our new "less TV for Addie" plan. Also in connection with Meg's trip, Addie got to come to a two hour class on contractual, structural, and equitable subordination in bankruptcy and corporate reorganization today. We went in before class and met with Prof. Schwarcz so Addie could get to know him a little. Of course she warmed right up to him, and he was really sweet with her. For about a solid half hour she sat in the front of the class next to him while he taught only interjecting an occasional comment when she questioned his logic. It was pretty adorable. The class was recorded, so as soon as I can figure out how to create clips from the recording I'll post a video of Addison's day as "Professor Spiers".

4 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I hope you two have some great Father/Daughter time and don't miss Megan too much.

Alicia said...

Good luck with your race Megan! You're going to do awesome!

I'm also strangely excited about the premiere of Yo Gabba Gabba. Abby has watched the same 20 episodes about 600 times, so some fresh episodes would be awesome. Rock on, Weird Al!

The Hendrys said...

The professor was lucky to have such a beautiful assistant.
Since Anni has been visiting Grandpa and I have been getting very well acquainted with Yo Gabba Gabba. We are loving the DVR we just record each episode, beats playing the same DVD over and over.

Sarah Paskett said...

Anthony Bourdain is going to make an appearance this season too! The food and toddler worlds collide! Bu Wahahahaha!

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie