Friday, May 8, 2009

Hey Good Lookin' Whatcha Got Cookin'?

So as most of you know Megan is fairly vegetarian. (fairly in that she does occasionally eat meat if she feels she needs it and she is also fair to Addie and I in allowing meat in the house) Ryan, however, is not vegetarian, but as the kind, loving husband that he is (aren't I though?) he cooks almost exclusively vegetarian at home. We love food and Ryan loves to experiment in the kitchen, so everyone wins. Many of you may be wondering: What does Ryan eat when Megan is out of town? Fear not, I intend to indulge your curiosity by divulging what I am eating right now!

Wait, not yet. First, normally when Megan is gone Ryan eats this from his favorite local Chinese restaurant:

Dry tofu with shredded pork; only available by request from the special authentic Chinese menu they only cook three days a week. Delicious!

However, seeing as how the loan period has come to a close and the budget has tightened, I opted instead for something more traditional. In order to get full from a fast food restaurant I would end up spending at least $5, so rather than waste $5 on burgers, I went to Costco and bought a Rotisserie Chicken.

So what does Ryan eat when Megan leaves? An entire chicken.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Just to note: the chicken is also an attempt to cheer myself up when Meg is gone. It's terribly lonely without my girls.

Brian and Lindsay said...

awww! so sad. although rotisserie chicken is delicious how could you pass up that delicious looking chinese food? What restaurant is that, we need to go sometime

SteveinChina said...

Just wondering, which restaurant is this? And does Ryan speak Chinese?

I've been trying to find some decent Chinese food in Durham since we moved here. (I am a huge fan of tofu, by the way.)

Ryan said...

It's China Palace at 5210 Garrett Road; they call their special menu "Palace Magic" on their website, but I think there are more things than they have listed there.

Ryan said...

and, unfortunately no. . . just German

SteveinChina said...

I'll have to check that place out. I heard Eastern Lights is good. Hong Kong has good dim sum.

The Hendrys said...

I am glad you ate the whole chicken, you can use the meat on your bones better that the chicken.

Love ya Granny

Eric Miller said...

That is fantastic, a whole chicken.

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie