Wednesday, May 28, 2008

so far!

There is a quarter in the middle of the crack to give a refrence of how large the hail was.





so after experiencing our first tornado and tennis ball sized hail in Texas that did a wonder on our windshield and rain that came down in buckets and we couldnt see out our windshield and flooded the freeway in Missippi and Thunderstorms in Louisiana, we are finally on our last leg of the journey. We are anxious to get to Durham today. My nerves are shot and i have begun to realize that I HAVE AN ACCENT! Its interesting to hear how much accents vary from state to state. Texas is very different from louisiana and louisiana is very different from mississippi. However we did get to see the Mississippi river and it was kinda cool. there was a craw fish stand ($1.50 a pound) in louisiana. We stopped at Whataburger and i had the best chicken sandwich i have ever had (maybe i was really hungry). They looked at us like we were crazy in texas when we orded a veggie sandwich at subway (however they weren't as suprised as when i ordered it in the backwoods of canada). I couldnt believe the neighborhoods in Louisana and it looked like A time to kill or to kill a mockingbird. once we got out of texas everyone is SO FRIENDLY. And once we got to louisiana they started calling me mam' and ryan sir.

i will do a better post when we get to Durham. We have had some wild experiences!

5 comments:

The Ryans said...

hey you guys I am so glad that you finally made it - it has been stressful for all of us that love you knowing what you were going through, although I cannot even imagine it I know how bad I hate driving in storms with little BB and/or pea sized hail.
oxoxoxo
Aunt Natalie

Jamie Jo said...

Yikes! That will be a road trip to remember! How scary! Was Addie scared, or did she not notice that your lives were in danger? I'm waiting for my Aunt Carol to finish The Host so I can start. I hope it is as good as Twilight.

The Hendrys said...

Can't wait to read the account of your whole trip. I don't think I can stand the stress of your doing it again in the other car. I have never been so frightened in my life, to think that toronado touched down just 18 miles from where you were. Thank God you had the sense to stop. The whole freeway ahead of you was just one big red blob on the weather map.

Annie said...

Wow Megan! You will get addicted to the manners of the southern people. I love Texans like no other. Good luck with this exciting chapter of your lives. I love this way of being able to look over your shoulder.

Eric Miller said...

Oh man, Whataburger! We ate there a couple times when I was down in Texas, not very good burgers. But what do you expect from the place that serves hamburgers 24 hours a day?

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie