Sunday, May 18, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY


HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!

top ten (or more) things i love about Ryan!

10. his nose. I think Ryan
has the greatest nose, it was one of the first things i noticed about
him when we met. ( i also love his back and his shoulders, he has great
broad shoulders from swimming)

9. his ability to talk about any
subject with anyone. He memorizes sport stats just to make sure he can
also talk sports (even though he doesn't really like sports)

8.
his helpful nature. Ryan is the ultimate over helper. He loves to help
anyone AND everyone! Its such an awesome trait and i wish i was more
like him in this way.

7. he is very thoughtful. Everyday and all day long he serves me and is also helping me and is very concerned about me (and i love it!)

6.
his smarts. When i was graduating from young women i remember my
leaders asking what my favorite trait in a guy was, at this point i had
already fallen in love with Ryan
and i had told them I have a thing for smart guys, nothing sexier than
a big brain! And i still think its awesome, i love having conversations
with Ryan
(even when they get really deep). I also love that i can ask him almost
anything and he knows the answer. In fact Tracy often prefaces her
questions to Ryan with "hey Ryan, you re smart...." I love it!

5.
he is so trusting! and even though it sometimes drives me nuts. Its so
sweet they he really sees the good in everyone. He always wants to
believe that no one will screw him over and that everyone ALWAYS means
well. Its a good balance for b/c i can sometimes be a little too
negative.

4. well rounded! Ryan is quite honestly my perfect balance and quite possibly the most well rounded person i have ever met.

3.
he is so humble. He doesn't even realize how absolutely incredible and
talented he is. That's why i like to constantly remind everyone around
us how smart and funny and good looking Ryan is!

2. his sense of humor! perhaps its because Ryan and i really have spent our adult lives
growing together but we have the exact same sense of humor. I always
know we will be laughing at the same things. Ryan can always make me
laugh, even when i am mad or pouting he can still somehow break through
my bratty-ness and make me smile and laugh at his stupidly amazing jokes. (yes, I did put those in the right order, stupidly amazing, not amazingly stupid)

1.
He is the greatest dad and husband and best friend. Ryan has been able
to support our family and finish his masters and be an incredible
husband and father. I am not sure how he did it but i am so thankful
for him. I really might be the luckiest girl in the whole world to have
found a man like this!

+1.
now i know this might seem like a weird one but PATIENCE! holy cow,
this boy has an endless amount of patience but not just for me but for
Addison and his friends and family. Ryan is the glue of our family and
our relationship.


I am not one to believe in soul mates and it wasn't until after Ryan and i were married that i really started thinking that Ryan was mine. I think maybe some people are just meant to be together and once Ryan
and i met way back in August of 2000, it had to be. He is my puzzle piece, my other
half, my partner in crime (if you will) and i fall more in love with
him every day. I am so nervous about this move to North Carolina but as
long as i have my best friend by my side we will be fine. besides we
really prefer just hanging out together. no one else really understands or sense of humor anyway! ha ha


Happy Birthday Ry, i hope today was a special one!

2 comments:

The Skeen's said...

What a nice tribute to a wonderful man! Happy birthday Ryan. We are blessed to have you in our family.

Jamie Jo said...

That was so fun to read. Those were great. It's fun to hear people who are so in love talk about their spouse. Everyone should be so lucky to feel that way all the time.

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie