Saturday, March 1, 2008

and so it begins!




This morning Ryan got an acceptance letter to
Duke Law school. He applied specifically for a program that lets him
finish his law degree and and international masters in 3 years. So if
we decide to go to Duke, we will be leaving May 29Th for Geneva Switzerland. That is how he gets the masters degree in international law, he studies abroad in either Geneva or Hong Kong each summer.

We
are really excited for this! Now we are just waiting to hear back from
Yale and Stanford and some of the lower schools to see if he gets any
scholarship offers, so he can make hisofficial decision.

It's very exciting, and I am so proud of my smarty pants husband!

8 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

WOW!!! He is a Smarty Pants husband! Is there a rule in your family that the son-in-laws have to be lawyers? :) How fun to live abroad. That will be a great experience for all of you.

Meg said...

Holy Ivy League!!! Oh that shouldn't be exciting at all.... Hong Kong.... Geneva..... boring.....yawn (can you smell the sarcasm???). Congratulations I love you guys! I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck!

The Hendrys said...

Ry, I am so proud of you! No matter what school you choose, I am sure it will be the best for you and your family.

Congratulations!! Love you all

Grandma & Grandma

The Hendrys said...

That is supposed to say Grandma & Grandpa. You surely didn't get your brain's from this branch of the family tree.

Granny

The Plewe Clan said...

I am so excited for your holy pants metro hubbie! Mom has already said she wants to go to Geneve with you this summer...Acutally, maybe I can go and leave my kids with Della for a week...forget tim I will just come and we could party! Oh, I am so excited!

The Ryans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ryans said...

okay let's try this again...

I'm so proud of my smarty pants nephew. How exciting.
Congratulations (that's better)
to you both.
oxoxo Aunt Natalie

The Plewe Clan said...

So...are you going someplace cool this summer so I can come visit. I have already thought about leaving for 1 week and hiring a babysitter during the day so I can come by myself!!! I am so not even kidding!

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie