Tuesday, December 11, 2007

the top 10, 12, or maybe 23, depends on how you count...

10 Reasons Why I Have the Best Wife in the World
by Ryan

10. Balance. We balance one another.
9. She makes cute babies.
8. She cares so much about family that it spills over and makes me love my family, and her family more than I ever could without her.
7. When she laughs, I mean really laughs with snorts and squeaks, it is impossible to be upset, it is only possible to fall more in love with her.
6. Speaking of laughing, I tell a lot of really dumb jokes... some good ones, but mostly just bad ones, she laughs at all of them even when she doesn't want to, even when she is in the process of saying that she is not going to laugh at it, she will laugh and smile. She is so beautiful.
5. She looks like the best, smells like the best, and sounds like the best, therefore she must be the best... or a duck.
4. Did I mention the laughing at dumb jokes? Yeah, she may have even laughed at that one... I just love her, a lot.
3. Have you seen our daughter? That Addison is still alive is because of Megan. There is no way I could do what she does. So, she's the best wife in the world because she is such an incredible mom, while still being such an amazing wife.
2. She is my support. When I fall she's there. When I'm doing well, she keeps me going.
1. Have you ever had someone you could say anything to? All the things that you think might make someone think less of you? All the things that just get too heavy to carry alone?
I can tell her anything, and she understands. She is my best friend. She means the world to me. She makes me better. She's far too incredible for a list of 10 things to ever do her justice.

It's her Birthday, but we're not celebrating, so this is not a birthday present.... it's just a reminder of how amazing she is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and she actually was willing to go to a German restaurant for her B-day dinner... (we're not going there) but she is the best wife in the world because she is selfless, even when she doesn't want to be. It's just part of her. She's amazing!

Meg said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! I love you too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ryan that may not be a Birthday Present but it was beautiful and sometime those are the best presents of all. Many years ago Grandpa gave me a rock with a heart drawn on it the the words I Love You, I still have it and it is one of the best presents I even got from him.

Grandma

The Plewe Clan said...

Seriously...that was so nice Ryan! So you dress all stylish and write nice letters...very impressive!

The Skeen's said...

Ryan, that was really wonderful! I still claim with no fear of ridicule that I have the world's best son-in-law's.

Tracy said...

Ok...I have to just get this out on the table...No, not that you are metro...but that you rock as a husband! Megan totally scored when she got you.

I agree with you, Megan is awesome! I love her very much and feel blessed that she is not only my sister, she is me and Taylor's best friend.

Anonymous said...

Dear Megan,
I want you to know my brother can whistle...sometmes. I hope you have a great birthday with your family. I really love you. I want you to have a great christmas. I hope baby addie is being good for you. You are so wonderful b/c you paint nails and you cut hair and because you love me the most.

Love,
Taylor

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie