Thursday, August 2, 2007

Today Addie is 2 weeks old!




Today was Addison's 2 week doctors appointment. She had to get more blood taken but she is a pro at that now. They also weighed her and my child has almost gained an entire pound in a week! My doctor just said, obviously she is eating well and just keep doing what you re doing. Ryan and i got a good chuckle out of that.

So we decided to read Harry Potter as a family and finally last night WE FINISHED.( Tracy i can't wait to discuss the book with you) Let's just say, i feel a little empty inside. Fortunately the next book in the twilight series comes out on the 7Th!!!! I can't wait! I am really anxious to see what happens between Jacob and Edward. If you haven't starting reading Twilight yet, you need to get on it.

I am still trying to get the hang of this mom thing. She only woke up once last night, and that was awesome! But today i actually left the house with just Addison and me. We went and did a little shopping. I bought a few shirts and stayed away from pants and skirts completely. Its only been 2 weeks, i really don't want to depress myself. But as soon as i get the O.K. from Dr. Loewen i will start working out again and start feeling better. I had no idea how long it took to recover from pregnancy. Logically it makes sense but i suppose i was being delusional.





Keep your fingers crossed that tonight goes just as well as last night! I could really use some sleep. ( i have a feeling that is going to be the new motto)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats you have survived the first two weeks of motherhood. As far as advice... buy the tightest girdle that you can handle, wear it day and night if you can and it will make a difference in how your clothes feel and I swear it makes your body get smaller faster. That is a trick I learned right before having Carter and I was in some of my regular pants within 2 months. I would also go to target and buy a couple of skirts that are loose fitting that you can wear so you don't feel too frumpy. I completely understand where you are coming from. I am not far behind!

Ryan and Megan said...

I hope it works! I am anxious to get my weight back down and i anm anxious to start working out. They have spanx on sale at Nordstroms right now. So i will give that a try! thank you Kel!

gardner said...

Megan!! It's Sarah Casas..your little girl is totally adorable...congratulations to you and your hubby!! How Exciting!!

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie