Monday, July 2, 2007

Here we are!

Well, we have decided to jump on the bandwagon and get a blog! I have actual had an online journal (similar to a blog) since January of 2002. But I enjoy having something a little less personal and something I can share.

We have some exciting things going on right now... I am actually 36 weeks pregnant with our little Addison. Up until about 2 weeks ago everything had been really easy with no concerns. Unfortunately, I am now on bed rest with pregnancy induced hypertension and bored out of my mind! Yesterday I was able to get a blessing from Ryan before I headed off to my Monday doctors appointments. We went in at 8:30 to get my blood work done and then headed upstairs to get my blood pressure taken and it was an alarming 140/100 but by the time they measured my stomach and checked the placement of the baby, it went down to 140/90 (which is just barely high). We were then off to the hospital to do baby non-stress tests and when they took my blood pressure again it had gone down even more 130/80 (which is the lowest it has been in weeks). After an hour of monitoring the baby they had good news for us... she seems to be completely normal! So, I head back in on Thursday to do it all again! Every Monday and Thursday until Addison decides shes ready to join us (or the decide they need to induce me).

So that was an exciting turn of events.

We are still setting up Addison's room and gathering the last few things we need. Speaking of which I need to get back to work...

We'll keep you posted.





a picture of my little Addison- she has that fist up and she's getting ready to give em' hell just like her mom!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

We can't wait for her to arrive! So glad that things are looking up. We are getting a care package ready to send to you. Taylor picked out something REALLY special!

Tracy said...

That is the funniest picture of Addie! At least she wasn't giving you the finger...like her mom. :)

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie