Monday, July 23, 2007

Addie is the cutest baby!



So Addison is officially 4 days old. She is the
cutest little munchkin! Although this is all very overwhelming. We have
had to take her to get her blood drawn twice since we were discharged
from the hospital onSaturday . Our doctor is concerned she has
jaundice. It just breaks my heart when they poke her little foot and
squeeze her foot to take the blood sample. I don't know how i will be
able to handle it, when she gets all her shots. That will be rough!

My mom keeps telling me that she is a really really good baby. She only
woke up twice last night to be fed. Although i am definitely
having a hard time with the sleeping at night. I check to make sure she
is still breathing about every hour. I get really anxious at night. I
am trying to start sleeping but i am sure it will take some time for me
to get more comfortable with having this tiny little baby.
Ryan
has been such an adorable dad. He always will be the first to change
her or burp her. He is also good about helping take care of me while i
heal.

I am really exhausted and haven't quite recovered from the 25 hours of
labor! That's right, 25 hours of labor. blah! They induced me on
Wednesday after i had gone to the doctor and they checked my blood
pressure and Dr.Loewen decided she couldn't let me go another hour with
my blood pressure rising like it was so she told me to leave my car and
call Ryan and head to the hospital to have the baby. It caught me off
guard and i started frantically calling my mom and Ryan
to let them now IT WAS TIME. My mom managed to get a flight out that
night and got to salt lake at midnight. Ryan managed to leave work and
get his shifts covered and come pick me up and take me to the hospital.
So they put me onpatosin around 5:00, I hadn't eaten anything all day
except for a piece of toast and an apple and i was hoping they would
let me eat something but they decided they just wanted to get me
started right away. So my first nurse was fine and she was following
doctors orders and getting me started, she came in every hour and
turned up mypatosin then the night nurse came... she pretty much did
NOTHING. The entire night she tried to get me to get my epidural so i
would just sleep. She never once turned up thepatosin but instead i lay ed
there all night having contractions and starving and my blood pressure
continued shooting up all night. She finally left and the morning shift
came in, this nurse was Margaret. She pretty much got me through my
labor. She took charge and found Dr.Loewen and brought her to my room. When Dr. Loewen
arrived she was very unhappy to find that they had been sitting on me
all night and that i hadn't even had my water broken yet. Apparently
the first nurse didn't leave my doctors orders and the night nurse
decided to not do ANYTHING rather than proactively find the doctors
orders. So anyways, they broke my water and turned up thepatosin and i
started feeling the hard labor. I finally decided to get my epidural. I
was extremely nervous for the EPIDURAL. But i wish someone would have
said that the contractions hurt ten million times more than getting the
epidural! It was AMAZING. Finally by 6:00 i was ready to push. Margaret
(the best nurse ever) started helping prepare me and got me to start
pushing and one push- nothing and the second push- the baby started to
crown! I only pushed for 25- 30 minutes. It was so amazing. She was the
most beautiful thing i had ever seen! they had been telling me that the
baby had tons of hair and she really does! A head full of hair. She was
7 pounds and 21 inches. She is a very long baby. I really can't believe
i have this beautiful little girl. It's still hard to comprehend that
she is mine. I feel so blessed to be trusted with her. And to have a
mom who wanted to be there and is staying with me and helping me. I
have one really great teacher! We are so excited for Addison to meet
all the rest of the family!


Well, i have to end this here, duty calls! She is ready to eat...

2 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

If she is sleeping and eating only 2 times a night...you are so lucky! You have to realize that Grandma Linda is a little biased and thinks that all her grandchildren are perfect and wonderful and no one is as lucky as she is. Take advantage of mom being their and get as much sleep as you can because when she is gone...you are on your own! Good Luck-

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I think I have seen this somewhere before?????

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie