Monday, April 5, 2010

Germany

So you may have heard and or saw in our last post that we are moving to Germany for the Fall Semester.
I have been researching everything about Hiedelberg and I am pretty excited about what I've found. Tons of gyms for me and a pre school at the University for Addison. We are going to be living in Old Town which is seriously amazing. We will be living in a small one bedroom but its an incredible opportunity and we didn't even hesitate. The stipend Ryan is getting will cover our housing plus a little extra (that i plan on spending on chocolate haha).I plan on doing hair while we are there and it shouldn't be too hard to build a small clientele. Becoming a hairdresser was one of the smartest decisions i have ever made and it continually pays off (literally). I have done hair all over the world.... Have scissors, will travel!

Ryan will be studying law (still) at the University. All of his classes will be taught in german, luckily he is fluent. However, I am not. However it is a University town with a military base near by. We'll actually be attending an english speaking ward.

It should be really fun! Come visit!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so awesome for you guys! I am super jealous! Geoff visited Heidelberg in 2002 and loved it, and I've always wanted to go back there with him. Maybe we will have to plan a visit...

That's so great about the preschool for Addison and cutting hair for you... sounds like life will be awesome. When we visited in 2006, I wished that I had a baby already so I could buy gianormous amounts of cute European kids clothing for her. Addison will look super chic!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

What a DREAM! Good for you guys for being so adventerous! I'm totally jealous. :)

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie