Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interlaken = lame

So the last stage of our wild run across the country brought us to Interlaken.

Pluses: It was in the German speaking portion of Switzerland. We ate fondue! It was really gorgeous.
Minuses: Most of the people working there didn't actually speak German! They spoke English, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese (like the 4 bus loads of Asian tourists; I guess if you know your market...) After working in a tourist town, we have come to see through the illusion of such towns and unfortunately that's all we saw in Intelaken. Tourist crap. But, it was gorgeous and the fondue was great. Pictures!








5 comments:

We are the Gardners said...

Addison is so adorable!

The Skeen's said...

Those pictures are so cute. I wish I was there with you.

Kris said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog...that's amazing that you guys are in Switzerland! Bravo to your adventurous spirit & taking Addie with you abroad...I'm very jealous. Thanks for the tip on the baby backpack-it looks perfect for traveling, hiking, etc. Safe travels & great pictures! kristen

Melanie said...

amazing!! Can't wait to hear stories and see you for reals. MIss you

Jamie Jo said...

I so jealous of how much hair Addison has!!!!! Milly is very challenged in that area. And I'm jealous of fondue. And Europe, of course.

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie