Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ode to Bridget

Bridget was the best dog in the whole world. She was so kind and gentle, especially with all the little kids. She reminded me of the dog from peter pan, Nana. I could leave Addie in the backyard with bridge and she would just stay by her side. One of Addie's first words was Bridget and every time she saw any animal be it bird, fish or cat or dog she would call them Bridget. We loved her so much and she has been around forever. I still remember the first day we brought her home from Tony and Therese's old house.
I loved coming through that gate in backyard and being greeted by that wagging tail and big brown eyes and spotted tongue and all those kisses.I will miss that sweet little girl. I am so glad my mom was by her side till the very end, loving her. It breaks my heart that I will never see her again. She was family! I am glad she is not in pain anymore, it was so hard to see her get old and sick. I will miss that sweet little girl!

















xoxo Bridgey, We love you!

4 comments:

The Skeen's said...

That was a very nice post. This has been a very difficult day, one that I knew was coming and one that I have dreaded. What is it they say, "the things that don't kill you, make you stronger".

Love,
Mom

The Ryans said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bridget, I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog. Just remember the joy and memories you gave to each other.
oxoxo - Aunt Natalie

The Hendrys said...

I am sorry for you loss, I know how it feels, some pets are just family. We still haven't got over our old dog Mack. There is not a day goes by we don't miss him.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so sorry. She was cute and did look like a sweet dog.

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie