Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my yoga breakthrough


I feel the need to brag just a little and seeing as this is my blog I am going to do just that!

Tonight at Yoga I totally had one of those moments where i felt all the progress i have made over this last month. I do yoga 3-4 times a week and i have been so proud of all the progress have been making. I am not one of those crazy bendy people but i can fold myself in half and rest my head on my knees (and i couldnt do that before i started). Tonight I got up into crow for about 30 seconds but it's the first time i have ever been able to hold it. (crow is where you rest your hands on the ground and put your knees on your forearms and bring all your weight to your hands and bring your feet off the ground)

Go me! I love that i have found something i am really passionate about. I have become a gym fanatic and i plan my whole day around working out. I never that i would be this person. ha! Go figure.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you found something you love to do! It makes working out WAY more fun. My Yoga Breakthriugh might just to be able to touch my toes!? you'll ahve to show me the poses when I see you in March! Maybe by the time I come back from my trip you'll have my house "centered" and helped my kids to find their "chi" or "zen":) Love you!

Eric and Jessi said...

I LOVE yoga! Where do you go? My favorite instructor left the U and I need a new place. It's AMAZING when you're pregnant too, helps a ton with back pain and recovery. I loved it. I miss it.

Tracy said...

Ok...you are not returning my phone calls. You don't know who you are dealing with...I can track you down. I am the ultimate researcher! :)

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie