Thursday, January 10, 2008

a tisket a tasket

I swear i am on a creative high lately. I have been making tons of new bows for Addison. I embellished that cutest little hat for her to wear this summer and I am crocheting a scarf for my mom (well i Will be once i get Alicia to help me start it b/c for some reason i just can't remember how to start a scarf!) My next project is a new bracelet for Addison.

I need to find someone to teach me how to use my sewing machine. I want to make a tag blanket for a girl in my ward who just had her baby. I have the fabric and the ribbon but i have no idea how to start this! I need my sister Kelly to show me how! Too bad I live so far away!

They also started a new thing in my relief society, it's called Celestial University; a pursuit of excellence. Its a pursuit of excellence program with a twist. You can earn your bachelors, masters or doctorate by obtaining and finishing goals. There are 12 different colleges or areas to earn your degree in. Basic goals are to completed and then signed off and dated by the "Professor" in that particular college. To obtain your degree you have to present your project at a relief society function.

I like the idea of being able to better myself. I have often picked up skills from my sisters. I learned all about making videos from Tracy and digital scrapbooking (and making my house and children smell good) from Kelly and sharks with Laser beams from Morgan (inside joke) and being super woman (i am still working on this) from my mom! However i never go to enrichment night (ever) and this is a way i can pick and choose things to "major" in and make friends in the ward in a more casual setting. I love it! Especially now that i have an excuse to constantly be starting new projects and just blame it on relief society, its brilliant!

2 comments:

Meg said...

What do I have to do to get a shark with a frickin' laser beam attatched to it's head?!?!

Lindsey said...

Finally someone who has my same passion of "girlyness." Before you go off and fullfill your dreams of living in Europe we need to get together for a baby girl project day. I got burned out of it all when Emma was about 9 months, but I'm feeling the pull again towards everything pretty and girly. Let's hook up sometime!

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie