Sunday, January 13, 2008

The excitment never stops!

I have been meaning to do an update post on Addison for quite some time.

Update number 1:

She is fully sitting up now. On our way home from California we stopped at inn-n-out in Vegas and Addison sat on the table all by herself trying to get a hold of my diet coke (that's a trick Grandpa Doug taught her)


Update number 2:

Last Wednesday Addison grabbed my hand to shove into her mouth to chew on, to my amazement i felt her first tooth! It's just a little bit poking through her gums! It's been very painful for her though. Grandpa Doug taught us a great trick though, wrap a ice cube up in a towel. she seems to like that more than her teething rings.

Update number 3:

She is finally sleeping in her crib. We struggled since day one with Addison sleeping in her crib. Unlike most people our problem wasn't that she liked sleeping in our bed either, she loved to sleep in her infant seat. go figure! But now she sleeps from about 10 pm to 7 am in her crib! At about 7 am we pop either a bottle or pacifier in her mouth and she will sleep till about 10 or 11!

Update number 3:

I can set her up on her hands and knees and she'll just sit there. She doesn't seem to like it t much though however she is strong enough to hold herself there for a few minutes.

Update number 4:

She likes to goo and scream a lot now. She is always squeaking at me and then smiling really big and throwing her arms in the air!

Update number 5:

She is a total flirt! Her new thing is to lean her head to one side and then give you a great big smile. It adorable to say the least! and i need to get a picture of it!







I can hardly believe she is almost 6 months old. It really seems just like yesterday that i was in labor! (and i can't even tell you much i miss my pregnant belly!!!!) It is so unreal how my life has been turned completely upside down in 6 months. I can't remember what my life was like before this, it just seems like she has always been apart of it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie