Thursday, November 15, 2007

Keep Moving Forward!

Some of you may know or may not but we found out a couple months ago that my mom has breast cancer. It was a shock of a life time. You never think these kind of things are going to happen to your family and especially my mom. It was hard to swallow. I was so shocked that this could happen to my mom; the most generous, caring, strong, selfless person i knew. I have realized through watching her that i had no idea how strong, generous, caring and selfless she really was.
She never asked why me and it never once shook her faith but instead she turned to the lord. She immediately starting seeing the glass half full. She never once thought this would defeat her instead she looked for the good in this situation. Already she has begun to point out the blessings.
This morning as i read her blog post titled "keeping you a breast" i was again amazed at her ability to keep laughing and moving on. She really is an amazing example to me to... like they say in my favorite movie "Meet the Robinsons" KEEP MOVING FORWARD.
I have always been so proud to be a Skeen and its in these times when my family really comes together that i couldn't be more grateful and be so lucky and blessed to be apart of this family. We can get through anything together and its because of our faith. I really do believe in the power of prayer more than ever. How lucky am i to have such an amazing woman as my mom? seriously.

And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

doctrine and covenants 122:7

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

2 comments:

The Skeen's said...

Okay Megan I am trying to type this with tears streaming down my face. (DON'T BE A BOOB) A Little breast cancer joke. I wholeheartedly agree that this family ROCKS!!!!!

Love,
Mom

The Plewe Clan said...

Congrats on your new adventure...law school!

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie