Sunday, September 9, 2007

Watch out! It's a post from Ryan!


So on Saturday I finally had a full day off, which with my new church calling, all 4+ Jobs, and school has been a long time coming. Being such a a momentous occasion, I thought I'd recount it for you here:
Megan decided to run the 5K for the Greek Festival with Alicia, so we got up early and she ran/walked the whole thing only 7 weeks after having Addison! I'm so proud! Addison and I went to a German bakery, bought a 'berliner' and then drove down to cheer mom along as she crossed the half way point. Of course she and Alicia had matching shirts proclaiming there love for Edward Cullen. Some guy commented as we walked by after the race, "You seem to have the same disease my wife has." To which I now say, No Kidding! Husbands of Edward lovers unite! We are tired of being held up to impossible standards set by vampires! ... Or something like that.

anyway...

So after the run we took a nap, which was possibly the greatest moment of the day, I haven't had time for a nap in what seems like years...
So then it was decided after Geoff and Alicia informed us of how busy the Greek Festival was, that we should all go to Oktoberfest at Snowbird. We did and ate some great chocolate cake and a pretzel, listened to alp horns and yodeling, Megan and Addie polka-ed and most importantly...







we took a picture with this guy --->
aww, Daddy's little girl










Our baby is so much more cosmopolitan than your baby!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the part about "husbands being held up to the impossible standards set by vampires"!! SOOO FUNNY!! This comment is almost as bad as Jamie discussing Edward's "business fluids". After my mother in law (Kathy) read Twilight she sat Jeff down as said, "Jeff, I think your wife is needing a little more romance in her life and that is why she is so drawn to these books." HAHAHAHAHA!

Go MEGAN!! The 5K si the first step. Next thing you know you'll be posing with Mr. Incredible in the middle of your first 1/2 Marathon! :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!

The Skeen's said...

Ryan joins the world of the Blog!
Megan I am so proud of you, keep up the good work. You, Tracy and Kelly are really putting me to shame. Maybe I will have to get back in the saddle.

NEWS FLASH !!!
I just started Twilight...can you be inoculated for this?

I can't wait until this weekend!

The Plewe Clan said...

Very impressive Ryan...however, the vampire standards are not too high for you and other brother in laws...Tim just walked in and asked why I was laughing...my favorite was the pictre with the nasty hairy German man! You should be soooo proud...please tell me he is not one of your relatives. I love the comment from the other husband...and FYI it might be a disease but a good one that I will keep. Good job on the running meg...you have taken the first step.

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie