Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Yo Gabba Gabba!

How did I not know about this?



When I started going to Aquabats concerts in High School, I always saw the parents with their kids on their shoulders standing in the back singing along. I promised myself that when I became a parent, I would be just like them. So, when I was watching Nick Jr. with Addie today and saw some familiar looking monsters dancing around on the screen and Elijah Wood teaching kids how to dance I nearly fell off of the couch. This is the greatest show ever! Christian Jacobs (lead singer of the Aquabats) created the show, and it is full of all the things Ryan and I love so much about the Aquabats... it's like the show is as much for us as it is for her. Plus, it has guest stars like the lead singer from Devo, Elijah Wood, Tony Hawk, Biz Markie, The Shins, and Sugarland; we're stoked for the whole season, and can't wait to buy season one on DVD and it only just aired today! We are such hipster parents, haha!

SO WATCH THIS SHOW WITH YOUR CHILDREN. 10:30 am on Nick Jr.

P.S.
Soon as I find out how to screen-print onesies, we're set.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This show was ending when the Backyardigans was starting and Taylor saw just a brief part of it. It was silent for a moment and then she looked at me and said, "Whoa mom what the heck was that!" We both just starting cracking up!! Not sure if we'll be patrons of the show...but glad to see the Aquabats expanding their talents... :)

The Ryans said...

Okay, I watched this little clip and now I can't get the "party in my tummy" out of my head.vv:)

Blog Archive

My Life List:

  • write a childrens book
  • Take a photography class
  • take a dance class
  • Own a house that we built!
  • Live abroad
  • Live abroad
  • Learn to speak enough german to have a conversation
  • Learn to screen print
  • Learn to rock climb
  • Learn to make a wedding cake
  • Hike the Chilkoot trail in Skagway Alaska
  • Graduate from college
  • go to Thailand
  • Go to Cambodia (Ryan says, how about tanzania? or morocco?)
  • Get back to my pre pregnancy weight
  • Be in a musical with Addie
  • be an extra in a movie